Sheetrock is a sort of drywall and is fabricated and a trademarked product by US Gypsum Company, one of the leading suppliers of drywall in the world. It is also referred to as gypsum wallboard. Sheetrock is a combination of pure gypsum, water, and sand that’s pressed between two heavy sheets of paper. It is a construction material that is used worldwide to build architectural elements like ceilings and walls. It was invented in 1916 but it took another thirty to forty years before it caught on with builders, who had traditionally constructed walls .
Benefits of sheetwork vs plaster
• Sheetrock can be painted or primed immediately after it’s been installed so the building of the house or office could be continued with no delay. With plaster it requires days or even weeks to completely dry
This can give those in the building more time to leave the building safely in an emergency like a fire.
Size of sheetrock
The standard sheet of sheetrock measures four feet by eight feet but for buildings with specialty requirements or have high ceilings that the builder can get larger sections. If the building’s walls will be exposed to more wear and tear, the builder can find thicker sheets of five-eights thick. If there’s a curved wall, a builder can use sheetrock that is one-fourth inch thick. The sheets of sheetrock can be shaped as they are reasonably flexible.
Types of sheetrock
There are lots of different types of sheetrock which may be used for different applications.
• Traditional-it is obviously fire-resistant but the builder can choose Type-X, which can be fire-rated sheetrock. This sheetrock is enhanced with vermiculite and perlite to improve its resistance to heat and fires. Melbourne FL Wildlife Control use Type-X drywall in commercial buildings, which has fire-rated evaluations from twenty to one hundred eighty minutes.
• Greenboard-this gets its name from its green paper coating, which is a substance that is moisture-proof and can be used in bathrooms and kitchens.
• Blueboard-this is the type that a builder would select if the owners want the walls to have the appearance of plaster.
• Soundboard-this type of sheetrock is constructed to block the transmission of noise between different chambers. It can be set up in many layers to make sure that the levels of sound can be maintained.